Shopping for ...

stuff we don't have room for.

I saw a segment on the KRON 4 morning ?news? this morning talking about a new store in Berkeley and in the background of one of the shots I spotted some Kiri wood.

Chris and I love 'smoked' Kiri wood - it is extremely lightweight and has beautiful woodgrain.

So we went on an expedition to the Trove store to see their collection of Kiri wood for ourselves:

We bought several pieces at a really good discount off of retail price. Sadly, their customer service was extremely lacking.

We then walked next door to the Ethnic Arts store where we saw several beautiful pieces of furniture by David Marsh - I especially liked the "Rustica Chimney Cabinet".

Sadly, we have no room in our cramped one-bedroom apartment for anything sizable.

Then we walked next door to TravelSmith where I saw some nice lightweight reading glasses called "memory flex" or "twist-o-flex" but not in my diopter


I'll probably get two or three pairs online at AmericanReadingGlasses.Com



Then we walked next door to Smith & Hawken where Chris bought some glass raindrops:


And then (finally) we went to Shen Hua for lunch:


After lunch we drove home and watched "Blade: Trinity" - what a waste of good film:

Comments

Popular Posts