What is all this junk their putting on ...

my Cuties???

Chris and I walked over to the horribly named Alameda Towne Centre this afternoon.


Both Safeway and Trader Joe's had the California Cuties brand of Clementine Mandarins in stock - the same ones I was obsessing about earlier.

We bought a five pound box and brought it home. As I was taking the box out to the recycling bin I noticed the following disclaimers:

On the side (in small print):
Coated with
food-grade
vegetable-, beeswax-,
and/or Lac-resin-
based wax or resin
to maintain freshness.


On the bottom (in slightly larger print):
Treated to maintain freshness in transit with
one or more of the following: imazalil,
thiabendazole, O-phenylphenate.


I wonder which of the chemicals above is the cause of my addiction to California Cuties?

I think that I'll be OK as long as I can continue to get my Cuties 'fix'.

With all of the preservative coating my Cuties, they should last forever. Maybe I should add a box or two to our earthquake kit.

Comments

Popular Posts