No Wii for Mii

Following a suggestion by my nephew Brian I browsed to http://wii.findnearby.net where I saw this tidbit of news:
Wal*Mart - January 28th
We received numerous tips informing us that Wal*Mart will be holding a large Wii Sale on January 28th, and will also have many controllers in stock, as well. We updated our database with the information.

So based on the above and further research, I went to two different Wal*Mart stores this morning in my search for a Wii.
San Leandro: I arrived at 6:45AM and there was a line of 75-100 people outside the doors. I didn't bother getting out of the car.

Oakland: I arrived at 6:55AM and there were ~10 people in line. I joined the line and then discovered that I was number 12 and that there were only 11 Wii's available. The 11th person in line had been in line since 6AM. I went inside with the line in the hope that someones stolen credit card wouldn't work but all were apparently legit. I can only guess that the other 9 Wii's in the shipment of 20 went to the employees (and then on the eBay)

On the way home I stopped at a Starbucks and purchased a New York Times Sunday edition.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Noo0ooo...

I believe you are correct about the employees + ebay correlation there. I'm glad that the site proved valuable but that some others had also heard rumors.

If I hear about any other Wiis surfacing I will let you know.

- your nephew Brian
Anonymous said…
[edit] I'm not glad that others found the rumor. I meant to say that it was too bad that others haxored the internets to retrieve Wii locations. =/

Popular Posts