I went on my first ...

'Superhero Bike Party' group bicycle ride last night with the "East Bay Bike Party".

I left home just after 7pm and returned just before midnight.

I rode my triangular Strida bike (27.55 miles), and was a lame pathetic superhero of triangles and bike lights. I had three different rear lights on the frame of the bike, another in the middle of my jacket, two on my helmet plus my regular so-bright-that-cars-flash-their-headlights-at-me headlights.

I enjoyed the ride IMMENSELY.

It was really fun riding with the group of ~200 people. It was NOT Critical Mass in that our goal was having fun while NOT pissing off every motorist possible. We (mostly) stopped at red lights, obeyed (most) traffic laws, stayed (mostly) in the right lane etc. Details here.

The route was from Oakland into Alalmeda then back into Oakland. It was really fun going thru the DUI checkpoint on Park Street in Alameda with all of the bikes.

 

 

Comments

Shellie said…
PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Popular Posts