Tired after a long day of ...

stuff.

Errands this morning while waiting for things to warm up a bit.

Then a long walk/hike up Robinson Creek Road starting at it's intersection with Hwy 253, aka the Boonville-Ukiah Road.

Article about a local walking group on this road:
The Saturday Walking Group’s 20th Birthday

Temperature at the start = 60F
Temperature in the deep shady parts along the route = 40F
Temperature at the end = 80F

Perfect for the shorts and a t-shirt I was wearing.

Walked up the road along the creek for an hour and a half. Then walked up again back to where I parked. This uphill-edness in this area is possible related to the Santa Cruz Mystery Spot. Everything was uphill. Because of the miles of fencing and no trespassing signs I only went off-road one time when I walked up a larger than usual ravine - staying in the creek bed on moss covered stone. Everything else was covered in young Poison Oak that I kept my distance from. Was stopped by a boulder blocking the creek bed and the afore mentioned Poison Oak blocking all other paths.

I walked/hiked approximately eight miles. All uphill, with a total elevation gain of 53,650 feet (per my internal GPS).

Lots of vulture houses watching over me from afar. Lots of seven bedroom, nine bathroom 'ranch houses' watching from close by. All were monstrous in many ways. Most appeared to be slightly used vacation homes. Only one vineyard - and it appeared too old and too large a plot to be a 'trophy vineyard' and didn't appear to be associated with any of the monstrous houses.

For relaxation after my walk/hike, I stopped at the gym and swam for an hour. I would of stayed and swum longer but there was a weird crowd in the pool with a weird vibe.

Then on to Safeway and ... Taco Loco!!!

Swum???

Late edit: I can barely walk because my feet hurt so much. Maybe I pushed myself to hard/far today? Oh yeah, and my legs are sore as well. Or maybe it's just the shoes I was wearing today - yep that must be it, it was the shoes. The same brand and style of shoes I've been wearing for fifteen years suddenly went 'bad'.

Late-late edit: I found a walking stick at the halfway point of my walk. A six foot plus long branch from a Fir tree. Really curvy, and weighing in at fifteen pounds, and wet and slimy until I scraped some of the slime off on a rock. Worst walking stick ever! But it gave me some exercise for my arms and shoulders on the way up & out so I guess that's a good thing. Maybe I'll whittle on it tomorrow ... and maybe cut off a foot or two of the curviest bits. On the plus side I didn't get any splinters from it.

Late-late-late edit: I rate the difficulty of today's walk/hike as one percent of the Green Valley Trail.

Even later edit: the 'worst walking stick ever' was also leaking sticky sap from some unknown-to-me place. Every few minutes I would wonder why my hands were sticky ... and then figure it out just to forget and repeat the same process five minutes later. Very annoying.

Comments

Janet said…
Haha, that all-uphilledness most definitely reminds me of the Green Valley Trail... and I love the idea of the "worst walking stick ever"... I almost want to write a poem about it.

*english major nerdery*
Shellie said…
Don't you know to be VERY CAUTIOUS when hiking in Mendocino County????? It can truly be dangerous to your health! Good thing harvest is over!

Popular Posts