I, slacker. Because ...

I only walked three and a half miles today - all on flat ground along North State Street in Ukiah. Mostly without sidewalks and too close for comfort to the non-stop vehicles passing by at 55MPH in a 45MPH zone.

No sightings of trophy anythings. One annoying barking dog. Two weird fish ladder things that I mistook for sluice boxes in the seasonal streams the road crossed.

Both walking sticks were used today (one at a time). I filed and rough sanded both earlier in the day. I now have two ugly looking albino walking sticks. Walking stick number two that I believed to be Redwood is just as pale and boring looking as walking stick number one from a Fir tree. Both are splitting lengthwise because I removed their protective slime coatings and bark. Should I continue to waste time 'fine tuning' these walking sticks. Should I stain and varnish them in an attempt to bring out some color and stop them from splitting? Am I worrying to much about a walking stick? Will no one set this epic struggle to poetry (Haiku is acceptable)?

I rate today's walk as 0.01% of the Green Valley Trail.

Comments

Popular Posts