It was a long and winding road ...

railroad that is ... that I rode today in my quest for a vacuum cleaner belt. I finally found the correct belt in Davis and had lunch with a Janet, Shellie and Mom - who claims to be 85 but doesn't look a day over 65 to me.

I found the belt in the Ace Hardware store a block from the station. I tried to convince the gang to walk over to the world famous Davis Farmers' Market but it was not to be.

So I rode the train back to the Bay Area, had a burrito for dinner, watched "The Adjustment Bureau" (meh), watched the last fifteen minutes of "True Grit" (excellent), went to the new Target super store figuring it wouldn't be busy on a Saturday night (it was a complete zoo), and then went 'home'.

And then installed the belt in my vacuum and vacuumed - yippee!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Many thanks to you for hopping on that train and heading for Davis. It was very special! I never got the cake with 85 candles on it but did get a cake with an "eight" candle and a "five" candle on it. Two little boys were anxiously awaiting the great blowing out the candles bit so they could attack the frosting. It was a great weekend!
Shellie said…
It was good to see you. I want to ride the train! Your cell phone was not working yesterday!

Popular Posts